Thursday, September 23, 2010

I play it off but I'm dreaming of you.


My morning so far.

A GOOD FRIEND JUST TOLD ME SHE LIKES MY BLOG. AM I ALIVE. SOMEONE PUNCH ME. anyways.

Wait, this has to be said first. About 3 weeks ago, I went for a walk at the forks with my lady and her striking babe of a dog Blake. We sat on a bench people watching and gossiping listening to a vast range of background music. Sean Paul came on like 1o zillion times which completely heightened my experience and gave the entire scenario a much more vibrant feel. People seemed more charming and excited, and the way the sun was shining and gleaming onto peoples hair and eyes made for the most perfect evening. So, there's some context for you. Then, of all artists I would expect to hear at a tiny bar on the "shore" of the red river, Macy Gray comes on. I started singing loudly and felt so young, so innocent. Of course I didn't remember this glory moment until this morning, when in the bath tub, and immediately put it on. For the record, it has been on repeat for 3 hours, with occasional switches to I Blame Coco. That song is so relevant, everyone word, every sentence so true to my current life state. I like you Macy Gray, you describe love and fear in the most literal way, and thats so necessary sometimes.

So, back to where we started.
I have in the mere 3 hours I have been up;
Eaten 3 maple cookies that I swear gave me a instantaneous headache. (glucose, go to hell).
Made Earl Grey tea and decided that my current brand of choice pales in comparison to the previous brand I bought.
Had a bath and washed my hair with carrot shampoo.
I am ABOUT to write a cover letter, hopefully.
Emailed like mental and blogged my life away. (as in visited blogs).
Textathons galore.
Swooned Coco Sumner

It is now time for me to go engage in more productivity. But, some pop culture for the road.

http://www.youtube.com/itgetsbetterproject - This should be watched, regardless of your orientation. Please go here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRix5eS7doA

Goodbye and I choke, try to walk away and I stumble.
Though I try to hide it, it's clear.
My world crumbles when you are not near.

-L

No comments:

Post a Comment