Sunday, October 10, 2010

i never leave for long

I suppose this could be part 2 of the saturday nights ramblings. I really just want to brag about my latest artist discoveries, how much I like "Saturday" by Rachael Cantu, (I will provide you all with lyrics, just so you can feel me.) I bought a physical copy of Twin sister's new album yesterday, which is pretty heart flappy. I went all the way to my favorite CD store only to prove to myself that I don't download EVERYTHING. I am trying to break this habit. 


So, today at work, aside from stepping in vomit, and tripping over the same slab of elevated flooring 6 times in a night, true story, I had an amazing conversation with my new found friend/employer. We both reside in the gay/arts community, share some mutual friends, dance and drink at the same bar, and now, conveniently, serve mediocre coffee together. We seem to have a recurring pattern of talking about make out sessions, (she has made out with 4 times as many people as me, but I cannot do math so it may only be 2 times). Today, however, we were pleasantly greeted by her adorable, babely mother. I gave her complimentary tea, for bring m friends mom, and because I like to flirt. I immediately told her that our moms have to meet, thats an order. I can feel their friendship brewing and they don't even know each other. I proceeded to ask her about her mom, her relationship with her, and if she had siblings. Standard Lisa questions. She turned out to not only be an only child, but also has a feminist mother and a hip, queer enthusiastic father. I felt immediately connected to her from that point on. It's truly a rare occasion for me to meet cool, only child girls relatively my age, who just so happen to be artists and everything else I like. I basically put this girl on a pedestal people, sorry, I play favorites. We talked about growing up occasionally lonely and solitary, and, well, gay. We talked more about relationships and women and making out. She left with her babely mom, I like them. I felt so happy to know a hip, liberated mom and daughter duo who both also happen to be feminists. Fuckin right. The rest of work was terrific. Worked with another new employee who is funny, wise, charming, endearing, eager, and nice to be around. We listened to rude boy amongst other top forties hoopla, my favorite. The night was quick and clean, until I fucking stepped in vomit upon exiting. We sang Alicia Keys as we exited with celebratory rhythm. See you next weekend la Fyxx. 


Goodnight, for real this time. 


-L


photo: http://www.chelsiprice.com/- please check out. 




This is the way, this is the way that I want it to be
With your lips, your hips, right in front of me
Your lips, your hips, right in front of me

This attitude you're giving me,
Yeah, this attitude you're giving me
Bring thise lips, those hips, right in front of me
Those lips, those hips, right in front of me

So clap your hands and shake your shoulders
We're gonna dance this night until it's over
Yeah, clap your hands and shake your shoulders,
We're gonna dance this night until it's over

It was a Saturday
You said you're taking me out
It was a saturday

I saw you that afternoon
after a year or two and soon
it will be three days til your birthday
and I remember, it was a Saturday

and someday soon
you'll be scratching at your bones until you're bleeding
yeah, yeah you'll be bleeding

It was a Saturday
you said you're taking me out
It was a Saturday

This is the way, this is the way that I want it to be,
and I remember, it was a Saturday 




No comments:

Post a Comment