Thursday, November 25, 2010

create yourself.

Hi. It looks as though tonight is going to be another late one, as they usually are these days. The strange hours, as I like to call them. The times when you feel so alone, yet so completely a part of the entire world. Safe, thus inspired, alive, yet so grounded. I feel the most calm in the night, which makes an easy, yet dangerous foundation for new found productivity or tasks or antics. I also find myself clashing with my ideals frequently as I also like, not love, but certainly appreciate getting up early. When I look deep down, when I envision myself living, doing, being, creating, I do not see myself staying up late, I see myself rising early. Maybe one day. I feel like I see that way as being ideal as it is what is socially encouraged. We should go down with the sun and rise with it. I am learning we can create our own living conditions, shape our own standards, and function equally, if not better by doing so. I had a conversation with a girl recently about sleeping 4 hours at a time, twice per day. People do this, its practiced and tried, and works. I see that as being such a perfect alternative to sleeping 8 hours. I love experimenting with sleep. Then there are power naps, and people who don't ever sleep, and people who sleep too much, guilty. So, alas, I will be up late, tis how I be rollin. 


I boxed tonight, and found myself in a state of pure exhaustion, laughing at my sorry self in a self deprecating way, out loud. I have been smoking too much, not considering how that would effect my cardio. I had to drag my sorry ass to the finish line, leave with my head down. I mean, I still kicked serious ass, I just felt like I had let a part of myself down, not being as physically fit as I'd like to be. Sorry body, sorry, sorry, sorry. So, after said event, I drove home, amidst blankets and sheets of white, white, white snow, swaggering in the air like it fucking owned the sky. my car, oh my poor car, does not have solidarity within its relationship with said snow. I spin and swerve and slide and glide all over the land and still make it home alive. I got myself unstuck twice sans assistance, and twice with. Once my amazing, masculine, authoritative neighbor came to my and my girlfriend's rescue oprah style and gave my life altering directions on how to get this bitch out of the snow. This woman sort of became my new hero, I sort of wanted to give her a big high five and then go have a beer and talk about dogs and car engines, I assume she likes both. I want to be like her when I grow up. So, car in the drive way, body safe and healing, salmon cooked and resting happily in my small intestine, I am ready for dreamland, after I read all, like every post on effing dykes and another magical woman's blog who blows my mind, relentlessly. 


Before I go, I had a bit of a reflection period tonight when deciding if I should pursue education in January or not, and I remembered two things. 


A) I have business cards that I have not flaunted to the vast internet


B) Life is not about finding yourself, It is about creating yourself. 


I thought I would share this as It proved inspirational for moi, and I like sharing the things that make me inspired, sometimes. 




Life Isn't About Finding Yourself - It's About Creating Yourself
By Scott "The Nametag Guy" Ginsberg

BE brilliant at the basics. Be the change you want to see in the world. Be the first one. Be the only one. Be unforgettable. Be interesting. Be a sleeper. Be That Guy. Be That Girl. Be the world’s expert on yourself. Be better than yesterday, but not as good as tomorrow. Be confident enough to be humble. But be somebody who reminds everybody of nobody else in the world.

AND DON’T wish it was easier, wish you were better. Don’t sell, enable people to buy. Don’t let the bastards get you down. Don’t be weary in well doing, for in due season you will reap a great harvest if you faint not. And don’t wait for the mainstream to validate your voice. Don’t despise the day of small beginnings. Don’t be selfish with your knowledge. Don’t complain if you haven’t earned the right. And don’t be different, be unique.

BECAUSE YOU are what you charge. You are what you believe. You are the books you’ve read and the people you’ve met. And you are an empty sheet of paper in the minds of every person you encounter.

AFTER ALL, the world cannot resist a man on a mission. The best swimmers are always in the pool. The sculpture is inside the stone. And the two greatest days in your life are the day you’re born, and the day you realize why you were born.

AND if you are successful you will always have too much to do and too little time. If you aren’t being criticized, you aren’t doing much. And if everyone says you’re out of your mind, you just might be onto something.

EVEN THOUGH, it’s not easy being yourself. It’s not who you know, it’s who knows you. And it’s not the years, it’s the mileage.

SO, WORK hard, work long and work smart. Work like you don’t need the money. And work from technique, because you never know how you will feel.

AND DON’T FORGET THAT success leaves clues. That confidence is king. That credibility comes from specificity. That listening is not waiting to talk. And that a nice person who is mean to a waiter is not a nice person.

OR, TO tell the truth, to tell it all and to tell it now. To give value first. To paint yourself into a good corner. To allow customers to participate in your brand. To do the work once and benefit many times. To give yourself away. To respect people’s no’s. To take massive action. And to act as if you already were the person you’re trying to become.

THEREFORE, ALWAYS stand up, stand out or be counted out. Discover your Personal Differential Advantage. Learn to love your zone of discomfort. Greet each day with love in your heart. Show, don’t tell. Make daily appointments with yourself. Never apologize for your art. Remember your Victory Dance. Work harder on yourself than your job. Find your one big idea. And always validate your existence, be yourself and do something cool – every single day.

* * * *
Scott Ginsberg
Author/Speaker/That guy with the nametag




-Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment